Monday, January 10, 2011

Le blah

the way the master bath looked a few days ago
The last couple days I have worked on the MASTER BATH.  Or the supposed master bath should we be able to get to it.

more original master bath pics, note the hole in the ceiling


wall that still needs to be drywalled.
after some work with the master bath wall
filling in the ceiling hole



the drywall added to the guest room closet ceiling

Naters has worked on the framing of the guest bedroom closet.  This will be great to have a closet again!!!

Today I called the local realtor who sells most of the homes in our area.  He in general sells homes for around 5-10k what he lists them at...so I am really nervous about his input.  I am especially invested in this home now I have been working on it EVERY day for the past months.

 

finishing the drywall


I ended up all stressed today when we set up a time for him to come because of all the questions he asked about the house.  I feel that in general the tendency of individuals is to focus on what is left to do...in our case support for the positive we have done is needed.  Why?  It maintains our drive to continue working on the house!  Negative viewpoints beat people down.

I am grateful for my family and friends who have been supportive throughout our rehab experience.  You have helped ME in particular live through it.  Thank you for making positive statements and commenting on the improvements.  It isn't easy to not live in an immaculate home.


patching a hole
Framed!
I have been considering applying for a waitressing job.  In high school, I was a hostess for 3 years.  I actually really enjoyed meeting all kinds of different people and making their lives a little better through food!  I know I LOVE going out to go eat and it is something that comforts me, so I think I would enjoy it.  I think I have hear d people mention that servers are the least well paid social workers in the world.  ;)





I am nearing the end of projects around the house that I am capable of doing.  There are small projects and finishing things I CAN do....but not really anything to warrant pictures and daylong working.  I can do them over the weeks while waiting for Nate to do the more precise projects.  :-/  Its no fun to feel like you are unable to do things...but I know my limitations and sadly I have come up against them,




Nate is working on the closet again tonight!  Kudos to him.

2 comments:

  1. I am really impressed with the accomplishments thus far. I don't think that I would have the patience to continue on with this day in and day out. Snaps to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Renee....it truly takes special people to have patience to do this. I do not have that strength LOL. Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete