Monday, January 3, 2011

wall - y

Yesterday I worked on our drywall in the guest room.  The plan is to get it primed and painted this week, but we will see how that goes.  I did the first layer of drywall compound on the walls and intended to do the second today....but things don't always go the way you plan!


Nate also was planning to start framing in the closet for the guest room yesterday, but his nail gun got a leaky O-ring!  Something about "leaky o-ring" sounds VERY funny...although I am not really sure why.



Today was a busy day!  Bree, one of the pups from Athena's last litter, went to the doggy doc to get her rabies shot.  Then Nate and I traveled to Lowes and he picked up another carpet remnant to put over the new floors (to protect them).  While he did that, I practiced walking with Bree on my left (and practicing the leash in general) since we are starting our conformation handling class this week!  I am hoping to show her in UKC dog shows.  She also checked out all at the vet which was great :o).







Then we came home and things went wrong!  Our dishwasher had decided to go haywire on us and was making a funny sound (I hadn't even started it!).  So Nate spent the day taking it apart.

While he did that, I put together our new DVD bookcase!  The plan was to order a new cabinet to store our DVDs so that we can move our old tv stand from in front of the fireplace's neat tile work.  Now I need to just repair some of the tiles around the chimney and we will be good to go :0).




Nate ALSO began putting in the new hardware for our retro cabinets in the kitchen.  I am super pumped about them because I think it really adds to the kitchen.  The picture shows a few of them added- it isn't easy drilling through metal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment