Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Back in the Saddle

Well first things first!


Friday we had circumstances change and we ended up leaving at 9 pm to get to Atlanta, GA by 6:55 am the next morning to drop off a pup for a flight.  This didn't preclude me from being able to do work on Friday (I got a lot done actually!) but it did make me unable to post. Soooo...

Friday I sanded, primed and painted the kitchen walls.  Here is the end result. 





Then we were off for an overnight voyage.  It was crazy; this is the second time this year Nate and I have driven overnight spur of the moment (the first was a trip to NH for a festival Nate wanted to visit).  This time however, I was unable to drive at ALL because Nate didn't include me on the insurance for the red CRV we rented.  I do NOT like CRVs.  The stupid thing autolocked itself every time you turn around.  I felt like a little kid scrambling at a parental lock in the back seat. 

So up all night, we arrived and sent the puppy on his way to Calgary Canada...and then looked for a Walmart to camp out in (since they allow trucks and RVs to park there for sleeping).  We picked up a couple dog bowls and a collar for the puppy we had left.  Here is a pretty pic of this Walmart at dawn.  Say what you want of Walmart, but I will always have a place for them in my heart after this....allowing us to snooze in their lot for a few stolen hours. 




Here I must give tribute to Nate Paziamor for driving overnight at a moments notice to Atlanta for my business endeavors (a PR move to make up for missing a flight to Canada since I couldn't send him when I wasn't able to contact her the day before), and for taking it all in step without protesting even ONCE.  It is wonderful to have a man and partner who is supportive of me.  Thank you Naters!





We dropped off the second pup around 1 and then drove to our cabin in Seviervile TN...which is a location I would recommend to anyone!  Next time (if there is one) we want to try to get a cabin in Wears Valley. Here are some pics from our trip.




 View from our cabin.


It's Woody!
 Gobble Gobble.  These ferocious beasts were at one of the cabins on the Cades Cove loop we looked in to.



We saw some bears on our way to Cades Cove (an 11 mile drivable loop in the Smokies).

Da Bears.  

We also went to the Gatlinburg strip and walked around hand in hand, looked for some good finds (all we found was fudge which is at this moment likely fattening me).
Me in Gatlinburg in the cute town area. 

Sadly, all good things must end.  However, we stopped at a winery on our way back to the O-H.  It was pretty good, and we picked up a couple bottles for Christmas gifts and for ourselves.  The pour-er was skimpy on my tastes though.

(boo)                                    

  (hiss)



Our girls getting to play on the winery grounds. 

But, the doggies got to run around on the acres of land a little and it reminded me of one reason we want to move: so our dogs can run on ACRES of land and play.  







Today.  I came back last night and of course needed to do some cleaning and putting away...so nothing has been done on the house for almost a week!  However, I need to ease back in. 


First thing I did was sand the edges in the dining room and then painted along the junctions of the ceilings to walls.  This resulted in uneven painting so I repainted all of the walls as well.  



View of the room that is finished and the room that still needs to be finished.  I suppose I will have to work on ceilings again this week.  Oh the horror.  
I also painted this stairwell wall.  This room is almost finished minus some details needed done by Nate beefore I can do much.



Then after ALL of that, I got myself to go upstairs and work on the plaster in the bathroom.  Both Nate and I are pondering how I am going to make this look resplendant due to the amount of sanding needed.  

B  L  E  C  H.   

It stinks because I have to make up small batches of it since it starts to harden and be unusable fast!







Well, Thank You for reading and do please




Come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment