Thursday, December 23, 2010

Floored.

It was a great day today!  We went to Lumber Liquidators and picked out our flooring.  It is Brazilian Koa and will be multicolored in tone.
http://www.lumberliquidators.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=7700

Tomorrow we will set to work emptying out the bottom stairs and prepping for laying it out!  Not any pictures but it was an exciting day for these home rehabbers :o).

We exchanged gifts today.  Nate got me some sexy grey boots I wanted (but didn't know he knew I wanted!) and some big mugs for my coffee.  I don't like having the conventional small mugs....for both my tea and coffee I like a big ole mug.  Good presents Naterman!  I got Nate a wooden (very nice) Scrabble set since he has been wanting to play with me.

Tonight we are having mulled wine:
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/gluehwein-2/Detail.aspx

We are trying it out for making it for family over the Holidays.  I made a 1/4 of the batch for us and we are drinking it and playing Scrabble while we wait for my father to arrive on his flight tonight at 9:30.  After that we will be visiting with him and getting pumped up for our floors being laid!

In other EXCITING news....we went to Lowes today and got a huge carpet remnant for $48 to cover the new floors (to prevent scratching while we rehab and with the dogs) and also chatted with their flooring department about carpets and installation.  It sounds like putting in the carpet where we want it will only be around $1000.  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment