Sunday, December 12, 2010

Team work!

Today we had Married couple action!  And by that I mean TeamWork!



 TEAMWORK, DO IT TOGETHER!

master bedroom window
I have been unsure what really to start on next, but I jumped right in with filling some gaps in walls and some issues around windows.



Sadly, our Master Bedroom has had little work done to it in the three years we have lived here, because we have been striving to make the house more presentable for guests.

In particular, our master bedroom window was DESTROYED by the contractor who put in our windows.  I mean they had not a care about our internal walls.  So, we have once again some horrid gashes and whatnot in the walls and areas to fix.  So I added drywall compound to the wall (this will likely crack since I added more than a 1/4 inch at a time, I figure I can go back over it again at the final sanding). 



And then I worked on the edges in the hallway leading to the bedrooms in our upstairs.  There are some gaps in the ceiling and walls where Nate put in new framing but left some areas without drywall.  Again I used drywall compound to fill these in, but will need to do it again at another date to ensure that it looks smooth without cracks.  

The finished hallway product.  It doesn't look wonderful now, but another layer, some sanding and a little paint and it will look like a real hallway.  Aw, it is nice when things pay off like that.  I'll wait for it.  

And then I went back to my trusty bathroom wall project.  I was thinking on the problem of sanding plaster (which is NOT easy) and decided I should make my last layer a layer of drywall compound, since it sands easily and I am getting better at laying it on smoothly.  So yay!  This is almost done! WOW!The few areas that appear like they still ned to be worked on will be fixed by adding the trim pieces to the window, 









Nate worked on adding WALLS! to our bedroom today.  I cannot tell you the blessing this will be.  I hate staring at framing in our home.  HATE.  With a passion.  So Naters put in the drywall pieces while I worked on some of the wall issues, and then I started finishing the walls.  Its nice to get it done right away.
We also had some ceiling damage from when our roof was leaking when we moved in...so Nate ripped down some of the plaster that was damaged.  As you can see the ceiling isn't awesome in general.  I'm not really sure WHY it is that way, although it seems that previous inhabitants put up many layers of wallpaper on it as well as the walls.  So, I am thinking the first step to making them be presentable will be pulling down as much as possible, and then just priming and painting them white.  Aside from popcorning them up, I am at a loss how to fix them.  Suggestions?


 Never allow someone to convince you that walls aren't needed.  They brighten up rooms, make them seem larger etc.  Although now I have all this empty wall space I need to fill with Artwork!  That could be fun...I have always wanted to try to make my own art (albeit I know not how to work with the canvases for oil based painting).  I have been wanting to for years now!


Finally a picture of our bedroom in its current state.  Soon hopefully it will be adorable.  Don't we have an awesome bed?  Very grandious.

Well off to make steak dinner and watch a movie with the hubbadub.  

No comments:

Post a Comment