Saturday, December 11, 2010

Rubba-dub-dub


The ghetto fix from 3 years ago.

So the answer to the question: What could we fix in our house to make guests enjoy staying here more? is:


A new Shower Apparatus!

It used to be, if you showered in our house you had to turn the cold and hot water supplies off at  the base of the tub before and after showering.  This is no longer the case, as I am gathering that we no longer have a "leaky O ring" (snickers).  

We purchased a Victorian Clawfoot tub conversion shower kit about a month ago, but hadn't had the time to put it together.  Today, I set out to put it together by myself.



And I utterly failed.


I opened the box to find all sorts of gizmos, with NO directions for the D rod to hold the shower curtain.  The only thing that DID have directions was the faucet head and the shower riser, which of the lot was the easiest to decipher (and may I add, the directions were confusing so I threw those away).  So, envision me surrounded by gadgets, in my pj's...tongue out...and whimpering.  That is pretty much the scenario. 

Again, utterly devastated by my ineptitude, I had to call the Naterman to my aid to use his engineering skills to figure out how the pieces fit together.

I HATE PuZzLeS.  Seriously. 

I had something that looked like a U....it is a D rod (for the shower curtain).  Not only that, but I couldn't figure out how they fit together.  I also had 4 wall attachments, which I still am not sure if we figured out how to get those all in together.  Anyway, the Nater came over and had it all figured out how the rod parts fit together in around 5 minutes.  Sigh.

Then, as I struggled to remove our old showering thingydoodle (again, I am NOT an engineer), I determined my use of power tools leaves something to be desired.  So, long story short(er) Nate and I did this rehab piece together. 




I am happy to inform any potential guests....this NOW functions as a real bathroom!!  Woot Woot!
So then, I had to figure out if I wanted to do more tonight.  Well, I did do some painting, but nothing warranting a picture.  I had wood filled some of our trim pieces so tonight I repainted it, plus some ceiling repainting.  Eh. 





And then....


I wrapped Christmas gifts for my nieces and nephews and my siblings.  I have three siblings, Nate has two, and many of our siblings have kids.  I LOVE kids toys, but this year I didn't get list items, but things I think will stimulate the kid's imagination.  Having considered having children in this past year, I bought stuff I think could be fun for the parents and the kids with possibly some interaction...do parents interact with their kids these days? 


I shall leave you with a puppy.  Everyone loves adorable puppies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment