Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sexipantedness.

I have nothing more to say about what I did today. 
What I woke up to!

clean :o)
 I continued to rub down the backsplash, and after I did that a few times, decided to spend my day cleaning.  I also removed the blue packing tape that was on our dishwasher (for three years I might mention).  Naters and I had a LITTLE trepidation that the marks from it would stay, but they came off okay! :0)

............then I made myself trudge to my van to forage through the icy roads to Lowes.


I needed various painting stuff like primer, some paint (for front entryway touchups) and spackling jiggerdoodles.  In addition, picked up a ton of lightswitch and outlet covers.

And then I found myself a surprise to make my day better!



No blue tape on dishwasher WOO HOO
When I got home I proceded to put some of the covers on, and then went on to my two seperate ghetto fixes:

UNDER CABINET LIGHTING!





We were out of duct tape, so I had to use that brown tape to affix it to the cabinets.  This is why it is a ghetto fix.  The lights are meant to be screwed to the bottom of cabinets, but since ours are refinished 1950s cabinets (or earlier) the underside is just one layer of metal.  If I find our duct tape it will be duct taped in to place, and then maybe painted black.  This is if I have time!


Second ghetto fix. 


I also had scrubbed our antique-ish faucet with lime away today, and where the silver stuff has come off I spray painted it with rustoleum.  Hopefully it looks better to Nate (who has been complaining about it for years).  It does to me anyway.  I doubt we can replace it since it is odd.  





This song gets in my head WHENEVER we have an awesome rehab moment.  Needless to say, its in my head today :0).






Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment