Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dog gone.

Well today was a satisfying day!



I worked on sanding the drywall in the kitchen and in the dining room. This should be ready to paint tomorrow if I have the time between cleaning, organizing and preparing for a dogsitter this weekend whilst Naters and I go on Holiday. 













AND THENNNNNN.....



I painted the dining room ceiling!


Now you may not appreciate painted ceilings like Nate and I...but I havent seen a finished ceiling this large in a long time...at least in our house.  I was soooo proud of myself.

AND THENNNNNN.....

Naters came home and helped me carry in the groceries I had gotten.  We settled down to eat sushi.  He still hadn't noticed.

And THEN...

Finally I asked him if he knew what I did today.  He said "ummmmm".  I pointed to the dining room....He was like..."oh."

So sad.  Here I thought it would be super DEE duper exciting.  I need more accolades than an "Oh" when I have worked for 8 hours a day on this house.

Sigh.

At least I enjoyed it.


Nate officially booked our hotel in the Smokies this weekend.  Whooooohooo hott married people time!  It has been THREE years since we have had a vacation together.  And we will have a PRIVATE HOT TUB (Should I mention my adoration of hot-tubs again?) during our stay as well as a jacuzzi tub.  I must say, owning your own cabin in the smokies to the tune of $120 a night does NOT sound bad at all.  Not at all.

Again thank you to my friend Katy who is making this happen. 

The rest of tonight I spent with Nate getting a crate ready to fly tomorrow, double checking the flight times, and trying to contact the puppy owner to be with no luck.  If I dont hear from her tonight I won't be able to ship the puppy since I do not feel comfortable shipping a puppy when I haven't talked to the soon to be owner in two days.  I mean, what if something happened to her and she won't be there to pick up my little one?  Its tough being a breeder sometimes, because I have to keep in mind my puppy's rights and well-being as well as the purchasers'.
Pup who is supposed to fly tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment